Barrow County Cheer Association's Fan Box

The Milligans

The Milligans
Chris, Emily, Krista, and Seth

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life as a cheer mom....

Well, we are definitely back into the swing of things. School is getting progressively harder. Krista now has homework Monday thru Thursday evenings and she now also has tests and receives grades for her work. It's a whole new world and Krista is still adjusting. She is doing great with her school work and reading. She has completed one test for the Accelerated Reading program sponsored by the PTA and I have completed the first questionnaire for the parents to start the testing process for the Gifted Program. She had a stomach bug and headache last week and ended up checking out early last Thursday and missing all day on Friday. She was so upset that she was not going to get perfect attendance this quarter. But, she will be ok. :)

Cheerleading and church have taken over almost all of our spare time. We have church twice on Sundays, Wednesday evenings, and cheer practice on Mondays. I have also taken on a new class in the Sunday school nursery. I am now the teacher for the toddlers in the nursery at church. Once they start walking, they are mine. It has been great so far. I have had 2 weeks in the class and the kids are just adorable. I might be taking Krista's class (the 5-6 year olds), which we call Legacy Kids, every other week if they can not find a Sunday School teacher. We just don't know how well that will work out with me teaching a class with one of my children in it. We will see how it goes.

Seth is doing good. He has been going through a rough patch lately with getting in trouble at daycare. It's those fun terrible two's. He has been biting and giving his friends swirlies, but he has finally been VERY good for 2 days in a row! He is starting to get better with going potty too. He even is starting to go on his own when he has the urge. So, it's a start. He is so smart and talking about all sorts of things now. He's so much fun at this age.

Cheerleading is going great. Krista has a great memory and we are working on a half-time routine to the Hokey Pokey. Krista is also going to be on the top of a pyramid for the show. It is so exciting to help plan out the routine and help the girls with practice. I have had to fill in for some of the girls who have missed practice, so I am now calling myself an honorary Wildcat cheerleader. Ha!

Games start next week and she will have a total of 20 games! I think I might have to start paying rent for the amount of time I will be spending at the ball field. FYI: Her games will be EVERY Thursday at 6pm and EVERY Saturday morning (as a doubleheader) starting at 9am going until approx 11:15-- starting Saturday, the 20th, until November 8th. I can hear some of you chuckling already. Yes, I know...I will have to be up early every day for the next 8 weeks. No more cracking jokes about me sleeping all day. Those days are over!

Krista's professional cheerleading pictures were last Saturday morning. We spent over 2 hours at the high school football field. I sat down next to the photographers tripod and clicked away. I took 100 pictures that day. These are just a few of my pictures of the day and will post the professional ones when they come in.

Krista and one of her classmates that is on the other squad.
Photobucket

Pictures of the team practicing
Photobucket

Photobucket

The 2008 Wildcat Cheerleaders!!
Photobucket

With Coach Stephanie
Photobucket

Krista's individual pictures
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A sneak preview of Krista as the top of the pyramid:
Photobucket

No comments: