So anyways...here's what's been going on with us...
Cheerleading for football during the fall was fun. Krista finished up her season, had a banquet, and rode a float in the Winder City Christmas Parade. I made a special photo book for the coach and took orders for the parents. It was a lot of work, but over a thousand pictures and almost a week of my life later I have this amazing book that we can have forever.
I played a little flag football in between cheerleading games. The schedules seemed to conflict, so
Because of cheerleading and babysitting conflicts, we ended up joining the YMCA so that I could have a back up babysitter when Becky is out of town visiting Jeff. The kids are really enjoying the fact that we're members of the Y, even though we've only gone up there twice to put Seth in the nursery area so that we could do cheerleading stuff. Haha!! I did find some kid group work out classes that I'd like to do with Krista once we have some of our life back. I'm also wanting to get into some of their group workout classes, I just have to figure out how I can fit that into my day. They also have kids workout classes that Krista wants to check out too.
We celebrated Seth's birthday the weekend before Christmas. We had a ton of people over for the party. All of them being his friends from church, school, cheerleading games, etc. They had a blast. I was brave and broke out a HUGE container of Play-doh for the kids to play with. They had fun with that, opening gifts and screaming like wild banshees! Seth got a TON of really cool stuff and loves being a "big boy" now.
Christmas seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. For once, I was pretty much done with my shopping in plenty of time. I had problems picking out gifts for a few people, but the kids made out like bandits. I had started scouring the clearance aisles of Target (you know I love Target) back in August and kept stuff stashed away and Christmas really didn't seem to do too much damage to the checkbook (and nothing was charged---WOOHOO!). I still have extras left over for Krista that I'm holding for her birthday. She got soooo much stuff.
For Christmas we headed down to Chris' grandfather's house in Florida for a week. We spent time together with his family and got to eat some yummy fried turkey with all the fixins. The day after Christmas we took the kids to Disney World. We tried our best to keep it a secret, but somehow Krista overheard it. We didn't tell Seth until Christmas day about going to Disney. The poor kid was sick when we left home. He was running a fever until the evening of Christmas day, so I was worried that we would even be able to go to Disney. Luckily, his fever broke after he got up from his nap and he was a much better kid the rest of the trip.
We stayed at Disney from 8:30am til almost midnight when the park closed. It was so much fun. I definitely stood in the longest lines I have ever stood in there, but I remember standing in lines for so much longer at Six Flags growing up that I wasn't really bothered by them at all. However, I did forget my camera at home for the entire trip. Chris toted the video camera and I took a few pics with my camera phone. Not the best pics ever, but you get the idea. We got to see the cool Christmas parade. Poor Sethy slept thru the whole thing. We also got to watch the cool night parade which is made up of really cool lights and we saw fireworks. It was so much fun!
Life since we've been back has been nothing short of hectic. Everything is in full throttle mode. I do have to praise the fact that over the past month, Seth seems to be day-time potty trained!!! YAY!! He just started the big boy class (the 3 year old class) this week and had only one day with accidents, Monday, but I think it was because he was overly excited about the new environment. He's been doing ok behavior wise in class. He seems to be more riled up around certain kids versus others. He's getting to that age where he likes to push buttons. He's talking up a storm. He's still super sweet and loving and knows how to butter you up especially when he knows he's in trouble. I've had more than one person at the school tell me how he is the favorite kid in the entire daycare for several of the teachers, which is sweet. He is loving his new bike that he got for his birthday. We initially got him a cool Tonka truck bike, but it was just a little too big for him, so we ended up getting him a really cool Hot Wheels bike that has a handle bar that revs up like a dirt bike. He absolutely LOVES it. He's also taken on a new imaginary friend. I've never been around anyone who had imaginary friends, so it's been a funny adjustment. His imaginary friends are Buzz Lightyear and Woody from the movie Toy Story. I don't know why he chose them, when it started, or what triggers when he says they are around, but he likes to talk about them and tells us what they are doing at random times. They don't come around everyday, sometimes we don't hear about them for several days, but I have to say it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen a kid do.
Anyways, I think that's it. Chris is working like a dog (what else is new). I've been battling a sinus infection for over a month now. I'm now on my 2nd dose of antibiotics---taking 2 kicked up doses of some super strength stuff now because the doc thinks I have chronic sinusitis or a drug resistant infection. Feeling a lot better than I had been in a while. If you've read all of this, you must have a lot of time on your hands. Until next time.....(I promise, it won't be this long again...)
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |


No comments:
Post a Comment